Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lord of the Flies

This is my first blog for Lord of the Flies for my English class.


Dear diary;


Today me and the other boys were talking to the littluns when 'the beast' came up. They were talking about different things the beast could be. A snake or a squid or another kind of wild animal. I tried to disagree with them and tell them what I thought. I don't think it quite worked. I think that the beast is something that live inside all of us. The beast is something, well, something evil. Something bad. The beast that lives inside of us is just waiting to come out, it wants to come out, it wants to get to you, to make you like it is, evil and uncivilized. The beast is the inherent evil that is inside everyone, when we are somewhere like here. This island. There's, well, there's, it's just not a good island I don't think. I don't know if it's a bad island or not, but it is NOT good. Not good at all. The littluns scream in their sleep, they have nightmares. Nightmares about the beast. But, maybe there is something good in everyone too. Something that is like, well, the opposite of the beast. Like what some grownups are. Good, just flat out good. I mean think about it. Grownups feed us and take care of us, they might be annoying sometimes, and sometimes we don't like the rules they enforce, but it's for our good, and good is the opposite of the beast. I really want to get off this island before the beast gets to everyone here, including me. It's happening faster than you would think. The beast is taking over...


Simon

1 comment:

Lisa Rampton Halverson said...

This is so insightful, Anna Marie! You have really understood what Simon understands (and what most of the boys do NOT understand) about the beast. The one thing missing (for an A) is incorporating a quotation into it!