Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Until Morning Comes

I wrote this a few minutes ago, if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

As I sit, watching the sunset, I laugh at the irony. The irony of the sunset in my past. There were no major triggers, almost peaceful actually, Then I found myself as I am now, in the dark, the nighttime. No flashlight, few stars, all alone. Then I found myself running, running from the darkness. You can’t run from night, I know that only now, now that I’ve tried it. Why couldn’t I have learned from other’s mistakes? The nighttime got to be to much for me, I couldn’t feel anything but the blackness, the nothingness. I picked up a blade. Better to feel pain then nothing, right? I would look at the ‘stars’ in my life; my family, my friends, my abilities. When one of those ‘stars’ faded I would slide the blade across my arm or ankle. I would feel the pain and see the blood. I know better now. Now I know that, someday, morning will come. So for now I will sit and wait this night through, enjoying each star. Until morning comes.

No comments: