Monday, January 25, 2010

To Kill A Mockingbird

I am supposed to write my thoughts about the book To Kill a Mockingbird so far, for my English class. I have read this book before and I really like it. I found that the second time that I read it, it was much easier to read. I do not like the slang, but I know that that is the way they spoke. The first time I read To Kill a Mockingbird I couldn't tell whose point of view it was, who was talking to who, until halfway through the book. I very much enjoy the characters, they all have their own unique personalities. The description of the setting is wonderful because of it's unique words. I think that the description of the characters could use a little help though, I can not picture them in my mind very well. The descriptions need extension. The author uses specific and interesting words, which is good. I also like how the chapters basically each tell their own story. To Kill a Mockingbird is a good book. I really enjoy learning about the way people thought in the past and how they viewed the world. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the book and discovering other things about this time period. It is by Nelle Harper Lee.

No comments: